Matt and I are running this Painter's Half Marathon in St. George. The race is in 12 weeks and all you need is 10 to train. So, I thought I'd post it in case anyone wants to join us in St. George in January for a good time! This gives you 2 weeks to think about it and get ready for some serious training! I'll also post our training schedule in case you're wondering how it goes.
January 19, 2008 — Painter’s Half Marathon and 5K
Race Time: 9:00 am
Sponsored by St. George Leisure Services and Painter’s RV Truck & Boat.Start time is 9:00am for the Half Marathon (13.1 miles) and 9:10am for the 5K (3.1 miles). Race begins and finishes at the Confluence Trailhead by the Dixie Center. Registration forms are available at the St. George Recreation Center, 285 S. 400 E., St. George, UT 84770. The registration deadline is Friday, January 11th at 6:00pm. Late registration open until Tuesday, January 15th at Noon with an additional $10 fee. NO DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION.
mon tue wed thu fri sat sun
week 1 3 rest 3 3 rest 4 rest
week 2 3 rest 4 3 rest 5 rest
week 3 3 rest 4 3 rest 6 rest
week 4 3 rest 5 3 rest 8 rest
week 5 3 rest 5 3 rest 10 rest
week 6 4 rest 5 4 rest 11 rest
week 7 4 rest 6 4 rest 12 rest
week 8 4 rest 5 4 rest 9 rest
week 9 3 rest 4 3 rest 8 rest
week 10 3 rest 3 walk 2 rest 13.1 rest
Friday, October 26, 2007
Posted by Matt & Emily at 3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
St. George Marathon, eh??? I used to work at the Dixie Center...and I know all about Painter's! Too funny! Say hi to my home town when you go...I always forget how much I love the red rocks until I go home! Good luck on your training.
Emily,
Your blog is so cute! It was fun to get a message from you on my blog. I can't believe how big Jack is!!! He was a baby when we left! He is a little cutie! So are all your kids!
Good luck running the half marathon! I'm going to be running a series of races here in NYC so I'll have to hear how your half goes b/c I've been thinking about running one.....
PS Ryan would be happy to have his post back in Scouts with Matt. In England, he had like 4 callings and I think he was missing the 2 minute prep time of scouts. :)
Good luck! Tyler and I just did two triathlons this past summer and we are addicted! I'll have this baby at the end of February and then I hope to be in shape to do another tri in late June or July. I don't know that I want to just run for that long (half marathon), but maybe someday! :) Have so much fun with it!
Post a Comment