CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

Accepting the Tag

I've been tagged before and ignored it due to the fact that I just couldn't come up with interesting things about me, so this time I've decided just to list 7 things about me, interesting or not. Just stuff that will tell you more about me.



1. I have a secret (until I went public with it a couple weeks ago and got laughed at) obsession with food coloring. I LOVE to dye my kids food different colors! They love it and I love to see them happy! It's usually just on holidays that we do it. I guess I feel like I need an excuse. Maybe not anymore that I'm out of the closet with this one.

2. I like my kids best when they are asleep. Not in a bad way, but I just LOVE to watch my kids sleep. Those who know me well know that my kids sleep early, long, and hard. So since they are in bed so early I love to go in and check on them a couple times and see them so peaceful, especially on really hard, crazy days. I like them when they are awake too!

3. When I was at Ricks I was a Social Work major. Anyone who knows me these days might find that funny because it's strange that I ever thought I could solve other people's problems!! Actually maybe that could have helped me deal with my constant chaos in my own life (no probably not, my sister has a Social Work degree and she and her family of 5 boys are plenty chaotic!).

4. If I could go anywhere right now with... Matt: Europe, Matt & my parents and siblings: Hawaii, My sister and our families: Disney World, Good Friends: Just a 3 or 4 day cruise without kids to eat and talk (my two favorite things).

5. Funnest and hardest job I ever had was milking cows at Ricks with my awesome roommate Jill Morehead. We milked at Powell Brothers Dairy in the afternoons through a Rexburg winter, one of the hardest things I've ever done. We even got snowed in one night and we spent our whole shift imagining ourselves climbing in to clean sheets in our milk and manure covered clothes after the wonderful farmer offered us a place to sleep! Lucky for his wife and everyone involved, we were able to make it out!

6. A funny experience, showing up to our cabin on our honeymoon cruise only to find bunk beds, very small bunk beds! My mom booked it for us (not on purpose really), so we had to give her a hard time.

7. I met my childhood best friend at a kool-aid stand my brother Trevor and I were having before my 4th grade year. She and her little brother and Trevor and I were inseparable from that day on. We stayed good friends and Jeni was even one of my bridesmaids!

Alright, maybe not all "interesting" facts, but facts anyway. And it's done now.

1 comments:

sainsburys said...

Em, it was fun to read your facts. The social work degree has not kept us sane. I totally forgot about the bunk beds. that is hilarious. I started crying when I saw that you would like to go to Disney World with us. We really need to move closer to you guys.