CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Longest Week Ever

I'm afraid that I might cry tomorrow in sacrament mtg when my kids sing "I'm so glad when daddy comes home..." for Father's Day. Having him gone for the entire week before Father's Day seems like something strategically planned by the Scout Camp Committee to milk the most out of the holiday. It gave us plenty of time to clean the house and van, get all the gifts and treats that we wanted to give him (like our traditional Henry Weinhards), make cards, and miss and appreciate him so much. We'll be so glad to see him when he walks in the door that we'll be excited to spoil him.
It has been a really long week. With Matt gone I had to take the kids to work with me every night. Which then has meant staying up really late, but still waking up early thanks to Jack, and then everyone being tired all day. Jack also had diarrhea all week and made it to the toilet every time except one when he ran in from the play ground at work, only to stand in line behind 3 toddlers for the bathroom. He's a potty training king to me because he's done so well, but even the king can't hold #3 that long. Poor guy. He's going to freak out when he sees Matt tonight. He's his shadow and Jack's been lost without him (and making life miserable for the rest of us).
And kudos to Nate for playing the part of "Man of the House" really well (feeding Scout and keeping her water full, locking all the doors at night and making sure the temp of the house was right before going to bed). What a stud.

2 comments:

sainsburys said...

I love this post. I can only imagine how excited everyone was to see Matt come home. Em you did a good job all week keeping up with all of your jobs, your calling, your house and 4 kids. Way to Go!!!!!!I could not have survived like you. Happy Father's Day Matt. See you in 12 days!!!!

Mama Apes... said...

I can so relate with this one...I feel that many weeks go like this for our house too! Keep up the good work i truly know how hard it is girl!!