We had a great trip up to Spokane this summer. After stopping in Utah for what was supposed to be one day, we headed to Spokane with an extra car and 4 extra kids. As I mentioned in the previous post, our nephew Easton was hit by an Easton bat and spent several days at Primary Children's Hospital with swelling and bleeding on his brain (not to mention a gigantic skull fracture). While Amanda and Bob stayed behind for a day with Easton, we took the other 4 boys and headed to WA. The trip went amazingly well and quick for having that many kids, and after just a couple days delay we were all in Spokane as planned, ready for the vacation of our lives. We were in heaven just to all be together.
If you're wondering why I put this bad picture of myself on my blog, it's because it's the only one we got. Nate and Bailey and the other cousins went to my parents' ward primary activity where they visited the temple (which is on the same lot as their church and only 10 minutes from my parents' house). I wanted to take a picture as this is where we were married, but Jack was already in the middle of a huge fit. So much for being reverent on the temple grounds. Anyway, my face actually will help me remember it how it really was.
One of my favorite places in the world is Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane. For some reason I just love being there. Seeing the Falls, riding the carousel, feeding the ducks, sliding down the giant Radio Flyer wagon slide (which we didn't make it to this time), eating snow cones, and most importantly. . . feeding the garbage goat. Yes, it's a goat that sucks up garbage. It never gets old.
My kids love to feed the ducks almost as much as I do. I forgot about bread and was so disappointed and prepared my kids for it, when suddenly Amanda busts out bread. I should have know. She's the ultimate big sister, never missing a thing.
My kids love to feed the ducks almost as much as I do. I forgot about bread and was so disappointed and prepared my kids for it, when suddenly Amanda busts out bread. I should have know. She's the ultimate big sister, never missing a thing.
2 comments:
Sounds like fun. I love going 'home'.
Em, I love these pictures and what you wrote about the trip. I wanted to cry because I just wish we lived by each other and every day would be a party. thanks for coming to the rescue and taking on 4 more kids. we sure love hanging out in Spokane with y'all. You are right the garbage goat never gets old.
Post a Comment