Today is my one year anniversary at Mountainside. In some ways I can't believe it's been that long and in others I can't remember what it was like before that. It has been a super busy year between raising 4 kids, working in primary, working at Mountainside, cleaning offices, doing vinyl, watching the Ashton kids, avoiding lay-offs with KB and taking huge pay cuts, and paying off debt like crazy to prepare. We take a deep breath and start each week praying that we can make it through without any permanent damage and hoping for the best. In whole, it has been a great year and working at the gym has been a very positive part of it. The kids love it there and play like crazy on the play ground, in the bounce house, on the basketball court, with the video games, with all the toys, watching movies and climbing the rock wall. I look forward to a time when I'm staying home with my kids again and not working, but it will also be sad when it's over. I've even come to enjoy the 5:am spin classes, they seem to give me the energy I need to get through the whole week. And it's been great meeting lots of good friends who have come and gone from mountainside and who are still there.
So, thanks for the memories and good times but most importantly, all the help paying off my debt (which is very hard earned since $8.00 takes a long time to add up to thousands) and here's to one more year!
And on a side note, we have joked about my one year review, which traditionally leads to a .25 cent raise, and how that extra $20 a month would be money I could spend on whatever I wanted. Well, ironically as of yesterday there will be no more raises or incentives until further notice. Bummer ;) So much for the big bucks!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
1 Year Anniversary
Posted by Matt & Emily at 8:45 AM
Labels: 1 yr at Mountainside
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can still remember! I used to be able to hang out with you! :( But congrats on making it a year - you and your fam are such a great example!
Lou, I can't believe all you have accomplished this year. I do not know anyone else that could do so much, and balance it all and do it so well with out complaint. YOu are an amazing example of what we are suppose to be like!!
And I thought I was busy...WOW! You take the cake! I'm glad that you enjoy your job and that your kids can be a part of it. I hope things continue to go well for you and your family!
What a great accomplishment and sacrifice for your family for the better. This is such a short time in the big picture, way to go!
How awesome, I didn't know you were still there :) too bad about the raise huh? I'm sure all the kids at Moutainside hope you never leave!
1 year already? Time flies when you're having so much fun, eh?! You are busy and do it well! And ditto about the pay raise, bummer!
Post a Comment