CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

3rd Anniversary!

I wanted to post, even though it's late, we just celebrated 3 years in Arizona! It's hard to believe that Nate has now lived more of his life here than in Provo. We love it here, especially considering when we were at BYU and getting ready to finish school all we ever said was that we wanted to go anywhere but Phoenix! Of course that was during the huge construction boom and all Matt's interviews were for the Phoenix area. We quickly changed our minds when it meant taking a good job. Matt was mostly worried about the heat. Now that we've been here for 3 years we can handle the heat way better than we handled the cold in Utah for Christmas this year! Working for KB has been mostly good and right now we're very grateful to have a job, as so many have been laid off. I am grateful every day that we graduated when we did and were able to get a good job, that we live in a city we love, that we own our own home, that we have such a wonderful ward, that we've made close friends who act as our family since we don't have any close, that Nate goes to an awesome school, has a wonderful teacher, and has learned so much this year. I'm also so grateful that I get so stay home with my kiddos and be here for every moment, even the not so fun ones!

4 comments:

Erika said...

I can't believe it's been that long...and I vividly remember visiting you when Jack was born, it seems like a few months ago, and it's been 2 years!

Bobbi said...

You just can't beat Arizona for its great winter weather and great people! We miss you guys! Thanks for stopping by over Christmas!!!

The Wilkes said...

She went for like 1 year. Her maiden name is Waveney Cotton. I'll have to ask her if she knew you.

sainsburys said...

Em, I'm so glad you guys are loving Arizona! I would be happy living anywhere next to your family! You guys are awesome! We sure miss those days when we could walk to your house and ride the bus up to BYU! We have some great memories. Amanda I cant wait to see a picture and post of the run.